Hello Friends! Who’s begun the Christmas countdown yet? Me, me, and me!!!
The family has somewhat recovered from the delectable Thanksgiving cake, pie and baklava offerings my dear Marmy made with love. Did you also sample delicious treats, or have an epic kitchen catastrophe resulting in movie theater popcorn offerings to fill your grumbling bellies? Having traveled down both roads, may I offer a bit of wisdom? Years from now it all becomes a hilarious story shared around the dinner table. Tales of marshmallow eating contests and burning kitchens (yes, a kitchen literally aflame…twice) will be replayed for friends and loved ones alike with glee and abandon at future family gatherings.
My new blogging friends, and in particular Being Me Presently, love these stories enough to nominate The Exceptional Life, for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you for the nomination, and please visit Being Me Presently (and follow her blog) to see what my new friend’s up to!
THE RULES for receiving the award
○Thank the person who gave you this award.
○Include a link to their blog.
○Next, select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
○Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
○Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
And a shout out to On the Road Through, whose blog was already nominated, but worth the additional visitation!
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I refuse to worry about things I cannot change. This is odd to many, particularly worriers and fretters. I’m not in denial, just solution-oriented! At work my saying is, “Let’s find a way to get to yes…”
2. To pay for college I’ve held just about every entry-level job imaginable, but the most memorable was selling rent-to-own furniture. Who dreams of having to return their furnishings or appliances for non-payment! It drove home an important life lesson about people: we all want to be respected and listened to, and will give our absolute best if allowed. My creative side would kick into overdrive to keep the customers happy.
3. My peace (and therapy) are found while working in the garden.
4. I’m reading Intentional Living by John C. Maxwell, and love his zest for life. He keeps the cookies on the bottom shelf! Which means he’s easy to understand:)
5. I have four degrees (2 undergraduate, 2 graduate), and one post-graduate diploma. All science and medical related. Girls + math + science = SUCCESS!
6. Coffee is EVERYTHING at 5am. Make it fancy (latte, cappuccino) and I’m floating through the day starry-eyed, and in yes mode.
7. After one of my children suffered a life-threatening accident, life became extremely simplified: I live for God, love my family and am thankful for each and every day! Life is precious and not for the faint of heart…Phil 4:6-7